Location: Garden City, Kansas
Position: Full time Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant/ COTA
City/State: Garden City, KS
Location: St. Catherine's Hospital
Setting: Inpatient Rehab Unit
Join our inpatient rehabilitation team!
Lifepoint Rehabilitation is a leading provider of acute inpatient rehabilitation services with more than 300 hospital-based rehabilitation units, medical/surgical and outpatient therapy settings and more than 30 joint venture inpatient rehabilitation hospitals across the country. We provide high quality, patient-centered care to those who have experienced a loss of function from an injury or illness. Our goal is to help our patients recover as fully as possible and regain the level of independence they hope to achieve.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
You will work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting. Under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist, you will implement the patient's Care Plan for rehabilitation. Help physically impaired patients to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Candidates must have certification from the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant program culminating in an Associate's degree.
- Current and valid state OTA license or certificate of practice or equivalent in the states where services are rendered.
- CPR certification (when required).
If you are a current employee Click Here.