Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
20 Hours per week
Variable Shift, Including Weekends
Summary: The Athletic Trainer provides direct patient care including ongoing assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, conditioning, prevention and education.
1. Provides direct patient care including ongoing assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, conditioning, prevention and education.
2. Provides instruction and assistance to patients and the families as appropriate.
3. Communicates with physicians, coaches and health professionals regarding patient care and coordination of services and other needs as indicated.
4. Provides written documentation according to departmental standards.
5. Works with and provides guidance to students and unlicensed personnel.
6. Seeks educational opportunities to further professional development.
7. Fosters enhanced awareness/understanding of athletic training, sports medicine, and clinic/hospital programs to the department, hospital, schools and other community organizations.
8. Participates in departmental research and educational programs.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
10. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/ social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
11. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Certified by the National Athletic Training Association is required. Licensed by the Ohio OT/PT/ AT Board is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: