Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Drives patient experience on the department ensuring the team is utilizing the tools and concepts as designed.
· Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
· Drives interdepartmental through-put by collaborating and leading the teams.
· Ensures that quality metrics are top decile in their department.
· Assists the Manager/Director in development, implementation and evaluation of on-going service programs which assure quality nursing, and patient care programs consistent with the hospital mission.
· Assists the Manager/Director to monitor/maintain unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Collaborates with Manager/Director to oversee unit PI program that monitors and evaluates aspects of care.
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
· Collaborates with the Manager/Director to a service that is consistent with the patient care beliefs and shared management philosophy of the department.
· Rounds with patients/families through leader rounds, lead requests, primary nurse request, or direct family request. Assesses patient/families survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
· Responsible for ongoing development of staff and unit specific patient care programs.
· Shares responsibility with the Manager/Director for effective communication horizontally and vertically within the organization.
· In collaboration with the Manager/Director, is responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
· In collaboration with the Manager/Director, is responsible for department’s operational excellence; assures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
· Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization, and industry information to staff in a timely manner.
· Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
· Follows the hospitals exposure control plans.
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
· Serves as a role model and resource to staff.
· Participates in the development of nursing staff.
· Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per hospital policy. Pursues professional growth and development.
· The team member will work the assigned unit based on his/her orientation, competencies and patient needs to include floating between Dade City and Zephyrhills as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Thorough understanding of hospital policies, procedures and legal aspects of acute care nursing
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
· Basic computer skills, including experience with an Electronic Health Record
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· 3 or more years of current clinical experience
· Cerner documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 3 or more years of current clinical experience
· Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or pursuing the degree required
What You Will Need:
· Active Florida RN license required upon hire.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire.
· Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification upon hire.
· 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then 4 hours annually.
· NIHSS Certification within 6 months of hire date, then renewed biannually.
· 4 hours Hip & Knee Replacement Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The Assistant Nurse Manager is directly responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The Assistant Nurse Manager is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The Assistant Nurse Manager is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The Assistant Nurse Manager directly monitors that quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of resources. The Assistant Nurse Manager is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and are responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo in conjunction with their Manager/Director. The Assistant Nurse Manager actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.