ChristianaCare is currently hiring a Physical Therapist to work at the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center in Newark, Delaware.
As a Physical Therapist, you will provide Physical Therapy for individuals requiring rehabilitation after injury or disease process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Evaluate and re-evaluate patients in a timely manner.
- Establish appropriate plans of care that include goals to be attained in a timely manner and revise plans of care based on changes in the patient status.
- Monitors change in status and appropriately refers to internal and external services as needed. - Complete all documentation relating to patient care, including evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide appropriate care for patients, including the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and provide care needed. - Review active patient records in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate referrals to internal and external services as needed. - Provide patient and family education and training.
- Participate in departmental organizational planning, in-services, educational programs, and community based marketing opportunities. - Participate in meetings and hospital programs, seminars, and workshops. - Maintain written and verbal communication with referral sources concerning patient care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
Graduate of an A.P.T.A. approved school of Physical Therapy
At least two years of experience preferred
Oncology experience preferred.
Lymphedema Certification or interest in certification preferred.
Licensure or eligibility for licensure in Delaware
Internal Number: JR57047
About ChristianaCare Health System
ChristianaCare Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are ...positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.