Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. M-F 5x8. 30 minute call required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures endoscopy suite is adequately prepared for procedure
· Monitors PAR level of all endoscopy instruments and supplies
· Follows written procedures for high-level disinfection; knows responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
· Provides supportive care to patients under the direct supervision of an RN and physician.
· Provides treatments and procedures as indicated and within the defined scope of practice
· Demonstrates dexterity, knowledge and safety in the care and handling of endoscopy instrumentation and supplies, both sterile and unsterile.
· Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated supplies and equipment for each individual endoscopy procedure
· Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times.
· Checks all equipment/instruments needed, prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning
· Assists in positioning, prepping and draping of patients for endoscopy procedures
· Prepares for procedures, maintains an orderly environment, and anticipates needs of physician during procedure
· Demonstrates proficiency in set up of multi-specialty endoscopy procedures.
· Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
· Team member will work the assigned unit based on his/her orientation, competencies and patient needs to include floating between Dade City and Zephyrhills as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
· Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
· Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to multitask.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of High School/GED
· Graduate of Surgical Technology school/course or equivalent Endoscopy training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
§ Minimum of 1 years’ work experience in the Endoscopy Unit
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
§ Current certification for CST
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Endoscopy Technician (ET) is accountable for performing routine care under the direction of the RN and physician. S/he provides for the comfort of the patient and communicates according to protocol. S/he adapts procedures to meet individual needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients for treatment. The ET is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission, and patient promise of AdventHealth. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of their certification guidelines, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.