Radiology Technologist PRN - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
·Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
·Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
·Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
·Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
·Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
PRN, as needed to cover shifts during week and weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
· Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
· Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room
· Positions patient and equipment and selects technical factors to produce radiographic images meeting Radiologist’s standards, in a safe, timely manner
· Performs clerical duties, including answering telephones, completing patient record, filing and scheduling
· Performs direct patient care duties, within technologist’s scope of practice. Utilizes proper infection control techniques
· Performs basic patient care, including monitoring of patient condition, caring for patient comfort, safety and privacy. Obtains and documents patient history and explains procedures
· Performs other duties as assigned
What will you need:
·High School education or equivalent and graduate from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or JCERT Accreditation
·Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
·American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification license in Radiography
·Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist License
·Associates Degree in a related field preferred
Performs Radiographic imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.